Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Philadelphia: Jack's Firehouse Restaurant and Bar


For over 20 years, Jack’s Firehouse, located on 22nd Street and Fairmount Avenue and 5 blocks from the Art Museum, has been serving patrons food and drink. I remember back in the late 80s when Jack’s Firehouse was one of the first places to open in the up and coming neighborhood of Fairmount, Philadelphia. It is amazing how much development has occurred in trendy Fairmount over the past two decades.


Jack’s Firehouse was actually a 19th century Firehouse and contained much of its charm from wood planks to the fireman’s brass pole. I liked the interior’s dark mahogany wood bar and walls. I also noticed a row boat suspended from the ceiling. Outside seating was made available, weather permitting.


During a recent trip to Philadelphia, my friend Heidi and I stopped to have an after dinner drink. I ordered this bright blue spirit.


Jack's Firehouse Hook and Ladder Martini


Jack’s Firehouse served both dinner and lunch. I was surprised to see the restaurant offer both a Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Although I have not eaten here, I liked Jack’s Firehouse’s atmosphere as an eclectic back drop for enjoying great conversation and tasty drinks.


Want more information:
Jack’s Firehouse
2130 Fairmount Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19130
(215) 232-9000
Go to: Jack's Firehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment