Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Zealand: Christchurch, Rotorua, Milford Sound, Queenstown

New Zealand's Ferns
 A couple years ago, I had the fortunate opportunity to visit New Zealand on a month long Pacific Tour!

When I heard about the earthquake in Christchurch, I immediately thought of the Kiwis (inhabitants of New Zealand and it is also the name of the bird that lives there).

I can't imagine their current struggles with the loss of life, injuries, and property destruction.  Please send your healing thoughts to these kind people.  Also consider New Zealand a place to visit in the future!

I always wanted to write about places I have visited.  I thought this blog would enable me to live out my inspiration.  Taking a look at photo albums, I  pulled out pictures that I took of New Zealand's north & south islands.

Check out the map below.





Let start with the north island, our tour group checked out the city of Rotorua.  This is where many hot springs exist.  You can even buy medicinal mud for your face and body here.   The Maori Indians are the indigenous people of New Zealand.  Near Rotorua I took this picture or their temple.


Maori Indian Temple


Rotorua, NZ Hot Spring
Now onto South Island, that is where you find Christchurch.  You can see elements of the UK here from Queen Victoria's statue to the lush gardens and waterways.  Please send your positive thoughts to those who are in Christchurch dealing with the earthquake's destruction.

Christchurch, NZ
Statue of Queen Victoria


New Zealand

Christchurch
Located further south on South Island, New Zealand you find Mount Cook.  I got a chance to see it not covered in clouds.  This is the view from the Hermitage Resort in Mount Cook National Park.
Mt. Cook, NZ  view from helicopter!

View of Mount Cook, NZ from the Hermitage Resort


Now I would like to mention how much I enjoyed Milford Sound and Queensland.  Please remember to  visit both.  Milford Sound is so lush and green.  I took a ferry ride and saw many beautiful animals, including seals and parson's birds. 

Waterfall at Milford Sound, NZ



Parson's Bird, New Zealand
































Lastly, I wanted to show you the place located near where bungee jumping first started, Queenstown.  Check out the picture of the town near the water.  

Queenstown
I hope you have the opportunity to visit a place that was so kind to me.  May God continue to bless the people of New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment