Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Middleburg, Virginia: The Shaggy Ram


Within the beautiful town of Middleburg, many boutiques and shops abound.  I happened upon this boutique, The Shaggy Ram.

The Shaggy Ram, Middleburg, VA

The shop has been known for it's country antiques, imports and interior furnishings. The air of the boutique was filled with the fragrant smell of sweet Anjou Pear. Upon speaking to owner Joanne Swift, I figured out where the scent was coming from.  The company Root makes the Legacy all-natural beeswax candle in a variety of fragrances.  I bought the Anjou Pear candle.

Root Beeswax Blend Candle, Anjou Pear
As I made my way to the store's front window, I was immediately drawn to look at some hardcover books.  I came across a book with several pictures of Jackie Onassis. I have always been intrigued by Jackie Onassis's timeless style and grace.  Sharing my interest in Jackie, Joanne Swift,  The Shaggy Ram boutique owner, mentioned that Jackie actually frequented The Shaggy Ram.  Time stood still for me at that moment.  To have actually meet someone who knew Jackie Onassis, I was immediately in awe.
The Shaggy Ram, Middleburg, VA
The Shaggy Ram has so many neat home goods on display.  I plan to go back and visit store owner Joanne and explore her boutique's interior furnishings.

When in Middleburg, visit The Shaggy Ram!

The Shaggy Ram
3 East Washington Street
Middleburg, VA 20118
(540) 687-3546


No comments:

Post a Comment