Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Christie Brinkley Tre's Chic Reading Glasses

A couple of years ago I had the fortune opportunity to attend a couple Fashion Week runway shows in New York City.  My long time friend Christine was able to secure tickets to see Trias and Davidelfin's clothing lines.  It was also the last year that Mercedes - Benz Fashion Week was going to be held in Bryant Park, New York.  


So what does one wear to Fashion Week's shows?  Something BLACK of course!  The show is held typically in February so I picked out a black cable knit over sized cowl neck sweater (H&M), a short layered zebra print skirt (White House/Black Market), black opaque tights and black knee high riding boots.  I also wore these fun Christie Brinkley reader glasses that I bought at Walmart which were on sale!


Christie Brinkley Glam Reading Glasses
After watching the Davidelfin's models walk back an forth with long linear jackets, pants, skirts and dresses, I was particularly amazed to see the Spanish model Eleonora Bosa's Paas Easter egg yellow colored hair. At that moment I can't  believe I was actually sitting at a Fashion Week runway show.


Immediately after Davidelfin's show finished, Christine and I made our way out of the room and and a representative from a major fashion magazine asked me if I would share my review on Davidelfin's collection.  After the mini interview was finished, I asked her why she approached me for my opinion.  She mentioned that she was intrigued by my stylish glasses.  


Case in point, great fashion design does not have to be ultra spendy.  Go with great classic lines for clothing/accessories and wear them with confidence, you'll never go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment