Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Switzerland: Geneva

Today I would like to highlight a really beautiful city that sits on Lake Geneva at the foot of the Alps in Switzerland called Geneva.  My friends who lived in Chavannes de Bogis introduced me to this European city.


Geneva, Switzerland
Geneva is a city known for making some amazing time keeping devices.  Can you identify the watch company featured below?


Geneva, Switzerland
Geneva is also known to have the world's largest water fountain called Jet d'Eau.  Ironically timing was off for me to see the fountain.  It wasn't working during my visit.


Geneva Waterfront
Geneva is also the home of the United Nations and The Red Cross.

City Street of Geneva, Switzerland
 particularly enjoyed exploring  the city streets.

Flag in Switzerland
Flowers, flags, statues, swans were discovered on my walk throughout the city.


Geneva, Switzerland
Swans in Switzerland
Geneva, Switzerland
I found Geneva was clean and had an amazing array of sophisticated boutiques.  I liked the shopping but I found the prices uber expensive.  I quickly discovered that my American dollar didn't go so far.  Many of the tourist shops sold cow bells and Swiss Army knifes.  I opted for a small Swiss Army knife.

Traveling to Geneva? I would allow time to visit some of the neighboring towns of Lusanne and Chamonix. Lastly, I'd highly recommend taking the train for a great day visit to Montreux.  The Freddie Mercury (lead singer of Queen) fans would also agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment