Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cape Cod: The Wicked Oyster





I recognized that occasionally getting away for long weekends with great friends is really important to energize one’s soul.  Over a weekend last fall, my college friends arranged a get away to Cape Cod to see historical sites, visit quaint New England towns and do some whale watching near Provincetown.

Today’s blog is about “The Wicked Oyster” which is a restaurant located on 50 W. Main Street in the town of Wellfleet. When I lived in Boston I quickly discovered that the word “wicked” was frequently substituted for the words “really” or “very”.   This restaurant was "wicked" awesome!

I found "The Wicked Oyster's" Sunday breakfast atmosphere was casual and unpretentious.  Each server wore the infamous “The Wicked Oyster” shirt in a multiple color combinations.  Fortunately for patrons, the restaurant sells these same shirts. I bought several and own a chartreuse green with pink lettering oyster shirt.  Now you probably have seen Wellfleet oysters before on other restaurant menus.  Wellfleet's oysters have been noted as being some of the best in the world.  




You would have to judge that for yourself.  We opted out on eating oysters that morning but we decided to choose from the breakfast menu. My friends selected from the array of tasty omelets and I chose the french toast which was super delicious.





Being from New England, I like "The Wicked Oyster" and would recommend those who visit the cape to visit this warm, unpretentious venue!  Look for future blog entries on Cape Cod and Newport, Rhode Island.
                 




No comments:

Post a Comment