Connecting Readers with the 4 'F' s.

An insiders guide to the buzz involving Food, Fashion, Furnishings and Fun!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New York: Best Falafel- TAIM

My friend Jesse who has lived in the Metropolitan New York area for years introduced me to this one of a kind place for phenomenal falafel.  TAIM is located at 222 Waverly Place in New York’s West Village and has outrageous Middle Eastern faire at super affordable prices.

A line of patrons who were eagerly waiting to place their order greeted us. Stepping up to the counter, Jesse recommended getting the platter with three types of falafel.  Only having tried traditional style falafel, I was curious to taste the other platter’s offerings.

The restaurant is small and intimate inside and Jesse and I chose to take our platter and eat at the counter bar looking out onto the street.  We began to sample the gluten free red (roasted red pepper) green (cilantro, mint, parsley), and harrisa (infused with Tunisian spices) varieties of falafel.  I prefer the taste of the green and red.  Hands down Taim’s falafels flavors trump any type of falafel I have eaten in the past.

Taim is so popular that the restaurant can not seat everyone inside so many patrons will be standing outside to eat their delicious meal.  Now I call that street food!




No comments:

Post a Comment